Tuesday 23 November 2010

My Lanvin and H&M experience...

Well I came close to being beaten up by an old lady who was clearly a Lanvin lover this morning!! Yip nothing like a bit of designer chaos to get the blood running...

It was rather an exhausting yet eventful morning as on arrival (9:30am) I was relieved to see there were no crazy queues but to find out you needed a special band to get into the cornered off section, 5 security guards etc...no way of charming yourself in there! 
The  Lanvin section was only opening at 11am to the rest of the fans without pink bands! So after running around town doing some errands I headed back to H&M to a massive queue and everyone trying to be in the first batch at 11am..note this is when the old lady lost it!:) They were letting only 20 people in at a time where we had 20 mins to shop with the help of an assistant who would hold your potential purchases and help you to the dressing room... which in that respect it was very organized.. typical Swiss:)   

Once I was finally in I tried on a number of dresses and they really did not look fabulous.. I don't do puffy and frilly very well! I also tried on a layered black lace skirt but it was sooooo heavy ended up leaving it as did not want to be suckered into buying it just because it was Lanvin! Well after all that I left with a fab T-shirt, a black tuxedo jacket, a bright red necklace which I love and a pink lipstick! Very happy with my purchases and was fun to be part of the LANVIN madness!! 



2 comments:

  1. love the t shirt ..so cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I succumbed to the Lanvin madness too! Luckily for me, there wasn't a long wait at lunch hour (surprisingly), I was just disappointed at the shoes.
    I got the same t-shirt though and red (very) red lipstick.

    ReplyDelete