Tuesday 2 November 2010

Interview with Racha Fajjari - TV Host, entrepreneur and creator of BABYLICIOUS.CH



I had the pleasure of interviewing the beautiful TV - host, entrepreneur and now Mother...Racha Fajjari. Hearing all about her new business, Babylicious ...an online shop for fashionable babies, kids and Mom`s.  

Racha and her gorgeous baby boy Maximilian

HHAN: So firstly congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous baby boy Maximilian, you and Tom look like very proud parents. Is it everything and more than you imagined it would be?
Racha:  Yes, it was just an unbelievable feeling to hold Max in my arms for the first time...it was unconditional love from the moment we laid eyes on each other. Funny how life works out because if you told me two years ago that I’ll be married and a Mother today I’d probably would have not believed you....but the man of my dreams came along and from day one we knew this will be it...
HHAN: You have had quiet a year...taking on Motherhood and a new business...so what inspired you to start Babylicious?
Racha: During the first trimester of my pregnancy I was lucky enough to travel all over Australia and America with my husband. As you can imagine, there was lots of "baby shopping" (although often forgetting the season and size should match☺ being an over excited new pregnant shopper!) I discovered so many cool brands that I couldn’t find in Switzerland which inspired me to start my own business ....and that is how Babylicious was born.....an online shop selling special items from all over the world for fashionable babies, kids and Mom`s. 

HHAN: What are the Babylicious "must have" items for our tiny tots this winter?
Racha: For winter we are focusing on keeping your babies snug and cosy with the finest Scottish cashmere, velour and cotton.  Found in timeless shades of beige, grey, babyblue, off white and pink.... but get ready for next summer as it will be very colourful and fun!

Some of our best selling items perfect for Zurich`s cold winter!!



HHAN loves these jeans from Bellybutton with the comfy waistband...too cute!!
HHAN: What new and exciting things are planned for Babylicious next year?
Racha: Oh it is going to be a good year! We have Tommy Hilfiger, Paul Frank, Baby of the Beast, Bugaboo and many more cool brands on board.........and most importantly the grand opening of our Babylicious store in Seefeld, Zurich.  It will be a great place for Mom`s to shop as well as hang out and enjoy a coffee.  Also expect to find new product ranges such as furniture and other practical must haves at Babylicious. Can`t wait till it opens in May 2011!!

HHAN: I love the intergrated coffee shop idea...Mom`s in Zurich definitely need more cool places to hang out ...exciting!
Racha: That’s exactly what I thought and yes, my girlfriends and I are looking forward to our new "Mama hang out". We are going to create a cool and relaxed atmosphere with obviously good music:)....it will be a new concept for Zurich.... plus it will be practical with a dedicated section for Mom`s to breastfeed in privacy.

HHAN: You sound like a very busy bee...how are you managing your new role as a Mom and starting a business?
Racha: I’ve been a workaholic my whole life. I am used to juggling many things at the same time. ....and let`s not forget, I have a wonderful family that helps me run my life with my baby boy, dog, hectic household and growing business. We are just a great team!!

HHAN: Any advice for other Moms who are trying to be entrepreneurial?
Racha: Yes, start while your pregnant and do something you can handle from home.  Also make sure it’s something you are passionate about as it is not so easy to just start a business ...you need to build a good network. It took me five years to get there.....but where there`s a will there`s a way!!

Stroller choice?
Bugaboo Cameleon, navy blue

Max`s favorite toy?
The crochet rattle “monkey” from Bellybutton
Bellybutton monkey rattle


Nappy changing..Mom and Dad or just Mom:)?
Generally mum – every now and then Dad ☺

Thanks Racha and I look forward to shopping and hanging out at Babylicious next year!! 

1 comment: