Sunday 1 August 2010

Interview with Melanie Guenthardt from the fabulous "Lovers Lane" shoe store in Zurich

I am excited to share my first interview with Melanie Guenthardt. A Mother to the gorgeous two and half year old Ava and co - owner of the fabulous shoe store "Lovers Lane" in Zurich....how "High Heels and Nappies" can you get?!!!
Melanie left the banking world after falling pregnant and when Ava was a year old she set out to pursue her dream of opening her own shoe store. Which has injected much needed edge and style into Zurich keeping us up to speed with the latest shoe designers.
HHAN:What makes "Lovers Lane" special compared to other shoe stores in Zurich?
MG: We like to be on top of the latest trends offering a range of shoes from hip and edgy designers who are creating buzz in London. We are excited to be exclusively stocking the amazing Nicholas Kirkwood and Charlotte Olympia this Fall Winter.

HHAN: The interior of the shop is very unique, tell me about the inspiration.
MG: We feel shoes are very sensual and sexy and wanted to create a feminine boudoir environment to capture this mood. The architecture is inspired by the lanes in London. Imagine strolling down a lane at night peering into windows displaying gorgeous objects of desire.
Drawing of shop interior
HHAN: What should a shoe lover except to find when visiting your store?
MG: She will find her dream shoe which will make a killer fashion statement ....yet she can also find comfy flats which are perfect for Mothers who need to be practical yet want to be stylish. In the end of the day comfort is key to all our styles as you want to be able to dance the night away in your 4 inch heels!

HHAN: So lets talk trends, what should we expect for Fall Winter? We are all dying to know what you think will be the "Must Have" shoe and bag of the season, the perfect "investment" and of course the silly "splurge" which sometimes just has to be done!
MG: "Must have" boot: Nicholas Kirkwood lace bootie 



"Must have" sandal: Charlotte Olympia Eve



"Must Have" Handbag: Stella McCartney Falabella Bag 

 
Best investment shoe: Kickapoo Stella McCartney over knee boot
Best Splurge: Valentino red bi-colour sequin clutch     
 
HHAN:Still on the topic of style... do you think your style has changed since becoming a Mom?
MG: Yes definitely, I am much more practical these days. Even though I am now a Mom I still think it is just as important to feel and look good. One thing that has not changed, I still build my outfit around my accessories...a designer pair of shoes sets the tone and can be easily mixed with more affordable clothing labels such as H&M.

HHAN: How do you manage to balance being a Mom and pursuing a career?
MG: I concentrate on the Marketing and PR side of the business so I am quite flexible and can work from home. Ava goes to a day care two days a week and of course I am lucky to have the support of my Mom who looks after Ava when I am away on my buying trips.

HHAN: What advice do you have for other Mom`s out there..
MG: To keep following your dreams, maintain and pursue your interests so you are not always talking about dirty nappies!
HHAN: ...like a blog :))

HHAN: What are Ava`s favorite shoes at the moment?
MG: She loves Pretty Ballerinas, she has a few pairs which she wears all the time!
www.prettytballerinas.com

HHAN: What is your favorite luxury children's brand?:
MG: Mmhh..would have to be Bonpoint www.bonpoint.com

HHAN: And the perfect budget store?:
MG: Definitely Baby Gap...I loved the recent Stella McCartney range ....but it didn`t end up being so budget! www.gap.com

Thanks Melanie, I really enjoyed our chat and discovered we share many of the same views including the love of beautiful shoes!!

So girls..I would definitely recommend a trip down "Lovers Lane"
www.loverslane.ch 
Address: Baerengasse 4, 8001 Zurich

4 comments:

  1. Hello from a fellow Capetonian in Zürich! I just discovered your blog and I love it!

    While I'm way past the nappies stage (my daughter is 15 already), I can totally relate to what you write about, most of all the shoes! I'm addicted!!

    Great interview and recommendation, I'll definitley be visiting Lovers Lane soon :-)

    I'm certain to be a regular visitor to your blog from now on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the kickapoo!!Great interview ...will pop in once i am back in Z
    HKS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture Mel! Ava is so big now, very sweet girl.
    Great interview Taryn, suits your blog perfectly. A girl is complete with a sexy pair of heels, specially after pregnancy. Can't wait to wear mine again. Thanks for the new trends and must haves Lovers Lane!
    X V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff!! More pleeeease! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete