Saturday 21 August 2010

Prepare for take off.....

Yipppeeee...we have arrived in HK!! After 3 days of packing and many nervous calls to friends regarding the big journey ahead we are finally here...and it feels fabulous!

Packing my hand luggage was definitely the most difficult task and just before leaving I decided to pack my handbag reducing my bags to two instead of three. As I needed to push Sebastian in the Maclaren ..and well.... I started to look a bit like a donkey!! It was the best idea as on the flight I had my nappy bag at my feet with all the essentials and then a pull along suitcase stowed away up top with extra nappies, clothing etc for emergencies.

I boarded the flight first which actually worked well and the air hostesses were sweet and held Sebastian while I sorted myself out... I then had two young guys in there 30`s sitting on either side of me.. GREAT I thought, perfect for my first airplane breast feeding experience! I joked with the one guy saying I am sure he was thrilled to be sitting next to us:) But I introduced Sebastian to the row and explained it was our first flight and we were going to to try our best!

Well Sebastian lived up to his promise and was just a perfect passenger... even the air hostesses were saying he was going to become a pilot as he seemed to enjoy the flight so much....entertaining everyone with his giggles, flirty smiles and air kicking out of the bassinet......very cute! After his aerobic act and looking around the plane in total amazement he went to sleep, waking just before breakfast. I even managed to sleep a bit!

I would definitely confirm feeding your baby a bottle during take off and landing.. not sure how someone would breast feed, was so happy I had a bottle! It helps with balancing the ear pressure and also a good distraction. Then you just need to be organized with all your nappies, clothes, blankets etc and wish for the best.! Guess this will be as good as it gets as next time he will be too big for the bassinet and once they start to crawl ..it is a  whole new ball game..:)
Sebastian in his Maclaren buggy....ready for take off...

No comments:

Post a Comment