Thursday 1 July 2010

What would we do without our Moms??

I am sitting here feeling extremely blessed I have such amazing, supportive parents...my Mom, Sebastian`s "Zsa Zsa" has just left after staying with us for 7 weeks. She helped me give Sebastian the best start to his special life ...and I was lucky my Dad, being the star he is, was willing to let my Mom stay for so long! 


My Mom arrived two weeks after Sebastian was born which really worked well as it gave us time to bond as a new family. My Dad had to almost tie my Mom to the chair after I gave birth...as you can imagine, she was dying to meet Sebastian!!! But it was a very special time for the three of us, also allowing me to gain confidence as a new Mom.

During the first few weeks it is really best to have your new born at home, where they feel content. So it was wonderful to have the company and I am lucky that my Mom and I get on so well. We always manage to have a good giggle and enjoyed all the wonderful and daunting new moments with Sebastian.

We really shared a once in a life time experience which I will be forever grateful......love you lots Mom!!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful written. Also think the first two weeks are important for you and your husband to bond with your newborn. Mom's presence is naturally the most needed and precious, great that she was able to stay for 7 weeks! Time flies, I have 10 weeks to go... X V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zsazsa and granddad4 July 2010 at 17:32

    Thank you Taryn Philipp and Sebastian ..for a truly wonderful few weeks ....Sebastian has so enriched our lives ...he is such a lovely little baby boy ..loved and nurtured by 2 amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete