Tuesday 27 July 2010

Hong Kong count down...

I am trying to get organized and mentally prepared for the long flight to HK. A three week count down today and got to say I can`t wait!! I have major withdrawal symptoms, it has been way to long since I was last in Hong Kong, even though it is going to be a very different experience with Sebastian. No crazy nights dancing on bar tops....or are you still allowed to do that as a Mom??:) If not, I am willing to break the rules as I have the best baby sitter possible, My Mom and Sebastian`s Zsa Zsa. So it is going to be great to have some fun, catching up with old friends and know he is in the best hands.  

Philipp will be joining for two weeks in the middle of my 6 week trip...which is great as then he is not away from us for too long, think he will especially miss Sebastian. But this also means I will be traveling there and back on my own! Yikes! So I am now on a mission to try and research all the brilliant tips for flying with a 4 month old! 

So if anybody has any good advice please share...Moms have got to stick together here as hoping he will just fall asleep avoiding any nasty stares!!

I Promise to report the experience and share any learnings which can help you jet around peacefully!
Picture taken in Nov 2007 when we were last in HK

2 comments:

  1. Let me know when you are here in HK. I'll be about to pop by then... I have exactly 5 weeks to go.
    Have a safe and quiet trip. I'm sure you will enjoy the journey. If you have'nt watched the video "The happiest Baby on the Block" Harvey Karp, M.D. ,do so. My friend loved it and recommend it to me. It might help while travelling long haul. It's supposed to be the best secrets to calm crying baby.
    Not that your little Sebastian would need it, as I'm sure he's an angel, but you never know... :)
    x Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your trip. I'm sure it will be great to be back and see your Mom and old friends again.

    For a little one like, Sebastian. I would make sure he is iether nursing or drinking his bottle on all take offs and landings. That will really help with his ears so that they don't hurt too much. I also took a boppy with me. Not sure if you have those there? Was soft and comfortable for him to sit and sleep on in my lap and gave my arms a rest.

    Good luck for the trip and enjoy HK

    X Bonnie

    ReplyDelete