Thursday 6 May 2010

Introducing Sebastian Emil Steinberger

Finally, my beautiful baby boy Sebastian is here!! 
Born on April 29th 2010, 16:41pm, 4.2kgs and 55cm long.

I was induced on the 28th April, 11pm and by 4am the following morning contractions had started and slowly built to a peak around lunch time...I don't think you can really describe how painful it is, not to scare anyone, but it is the truth! So after trying acupuncture, a deep pressure back massage and some serious breathing techniques I had to have the epidural... it was time!! What an amazing sense of relief, I didn`t even feel the needle, it was a walk in the park after the contractions! 

I then delivered Sebastian naturally...  it was the most incredible experience. There was no terrible pain or screaming and he breezed out 40 minutes later. So hopefully reading this will calm some nerves of expecting Mom`s. Yet, have to say it would have been very different without the epidural so make sure you get to the hospital on time!!

Seeing Sebastian for the first time was the most surreal and indescribable moment of my life. I could not believe the powerful love which completely overwhelmed me when holding him in my arms for the first time. Philipp and I spent the next hours just starring at him in total adornment. We felt so proud and could not believe that we had created something so perfect, he is just such a special gift.

Minutes after the birth - Sebastian with his very tired and happy Mom

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! You both look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to the growing family :)

    ReplyDelete